What services of Military OneSource are Coast Guard service members and their families eligible to receive?
When not activated as part of the Department of the Navy under Title 10 authority, active-duty and reserve Coast Guard service members and their families are eligible to access the articles and resources included on the Military OneSource website. This includes information and resources on a variety of military life topics, many of the monthly focus topics, blogs, live chats, podcasts, webinars and videos. Spouses of Coast Guard members can also access the Military Spouse Employment Partnership Career Portal at http://msepjobs.militaryonesource.mil.
What Military OneSource services are available to Coast Guard service members and their families when activated as part of the Department of the Navy?
When activated as part of the Department of the Navy under Title 10 authority, Coast Guard service members and their families become eligible for all of the services of Military OneSource. These services include:
- Confidential non-medical counseling – For short-term, non-medical concerns such as handling stress, relationships, grief and parenting issues, Military OneSource provides confidential, non-medical counseling at no cost with experienced, independently licensed counselors. Users can receive face-to-face counseling in the local community, counseling by telephone or online counseling using a secure instant messaging platform.
- Specialty consultations – Military OneSource offers confidential specialty consultations for the following areas: wounded warrior, special needs, adult and elder care, education, adoption and health and wellness coaching.
- Financial counseling – Military OneSource provides short-term, confidential financial counseling in-person or by telephone with accredited financial counselors. These counselors provide education, coaching and referrals to military or community resources.
- Tax services – Military OneSource provides no cost tax counseling to assist eligible members with tax planning and completion. Members also have access to an online tax-filing service at no cost and allows eligible personnel to complete and electronically file their federal and up to three state tax returns or filings.
- Spouse Education and Career Opportunities career counseling – Spouse Education and Career Opportunities consultants provide education and career services, resources, guidance and consultations by telephone to military spouses. Counselors can guide spouses through career exploration, education and training, employment readiness and career connections.
- Language interpretation services – Military OneSource provides simultaneous language interpretation services. Provided by phone, this service ensures that language will not be a barrier to family members seeking and receiving services.
- Document translation services – Military OneSource provides translation of many legal documents such as leases, marriage licenses, adoption paperwork and school transcripts for service members and their families.
When not activated as part of the Department of the Navy, where can Coast Guard service members and their families receive similar services?
The Coast Guard offers CG SUPRT, a professionally staffed service that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist Coast Guard employees with a wide range of issues such as marital and family problems, alcohol or drug abuse, depression and anxiety, work-related concerns, career transition issues, personal growth and development, financial consultation and coaching, spouse career education and career coaching, sexual assault and tobacco cessation. Additionally, CG SUPRT offers services that help Coast Guard members balance work with family and life events such as parenting and child care, adoption, K-12 educational concerns, colleges and universities, services for older adults, moving and relocation, pet care and locating recreational resources.
Personnel eligible to receive support through CG SUPRT include active-duty members, civilian employees, members of the Selected Reserve and their family members. Services are available through the CG SUPRT website or by calling the toll-free number 855-CGSUPRT.