Morale, welfare, and recreation. What can MWR do for you when you're bored out of your mind? A lot, actually. Whether you're a huge sports and adventure fan, or you enjoy music and theater, your installation MWR program is set up to offer all sorts of activities when it comes to recreation. Each installation may offer some of its own specific activities, but generally, all installations provide the following types of activities and services through the MWR program:
- Fitness and sports (including swimming and intramural athletics)
- Recreation programs (including free-admission movies, outdoor equipment checkout, horseback riding, bicycling, board games, social events, etc.)
- Individual skill programs (including arts and crafts, performing arts, etc.)
- Leisure travel (including local tours and attractions, tickets to concerts and plays, museum admission, etc.)
- High-adventure programs (including rock climbing, hang gliding, kayaking, sky diving, etc.)
Taking advantage of sports programs, performing arts, and high-adventure programs can be a great way to meet other kids in your new town. Remember, even if you don't live on the installation, you can still take advantage of all the great programs and resources available through the MWR program.
For more information and resources to help military youth and teens navigate everything from the unique challenges of a mobile military lifestyle to managing their social lives, saving money, and going green, visit Military Youth on the Move!