Making decisions about where to get your postsecondary education and what program is best for you can be a challenge. The Department of Defense has developed the TA DECIDE tool to make it easier than ever to compare schools and programs to help you meet your education goals. The tool, uniquely designed for participants of the Department of Defense Military Tuition Assistance program, provides education costs and outcomes, as well as data on military students participating in the tuition assistance program just like you. The TA DECIDE tool uses data sources from the departments of Defense, Education and Veterans Affairs and provides you with information you can trust on the following:
informed education decisions with TA DECIDE.
- Tuition and fees — first time, full-time in-state tuition rates
- Cost of attendance — books, supplies, room and board
- Programs and offerings — learning method, degree level, classification of instructional program
- Institution accreditation — accredited by Department of Education accrediting agencies
- Number of Department of Defense tuition assistance participants — reported annually to the Department of Defense
- Federal beneficiaries and funds — tuition assistance, Post-9/11 GI Bill®, federal student aid
- Complaint information — online reporting system providing feedback about education institutions
- Department of Defense memorandum of understanding — institution's eligibility to work with Department of Defense tuition assistance
- Principles of Excellence — institution's pledge to provide quality education for service members
- Yellow Ribbon — additional assistance for attendance at private degree-granting schools or out-of-state tuition costs
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges — initiative linking service members to education institutions that provide quality education, ease the process to transfer credits and give credit for military training and experience
- Programs to achieve success — 8 Keys to Veterans' Success from the Department of Education
More than 2,600 education institutions are eligible to receive military tuition assistance. Start your search today with TA DECIDE for a school and program to meet your postsecondary education needs.