Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office
The Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office is responsible for oversight of the Department of Defense's sexual assault policy. This office works hand-in-hand with the services and the civilian community to develop and implement innovative prevention and response programs.
Safe Helpline — SAPRO
Department of Defense Safe Helpline is a groundbreaking crisis support service for members of the DoD community affected by sexual assault. Safe Helpline provides live, one-on-one support and information to the worldwide DoD community. The service is confidential, anonymous, secure, and available worldwide, 24/7 by click, call or text — providing victims with the help they need anytime, anywhere.
- Online Helpline: https://www.safehelpline.org/
- Telephone Helpline: 877-995-5247
- Text for Information text your location (zip code or installation/base name) to 55-247 (inside the U.S.) or 001- 202-470-5546 (outside the U.S.)
- Safe HelpRoom is a group chat service that allows sexual assault survivors in the military to connect with, and support, one another in a moderated and secure online environment at SafeHelpline.org.
- Safe Helpline App (for iOS or Android) allows sexual assault survivors in the military to create a customized self-care plan and connect to resources from anywhere in the world.