Do you need help making changes that will improve your health or well-being? Consider partnering with the Military OneSource Health and Wellness Coaching Program. The Health and Wellness Coaching Program is a free resource for eligible individuals who wish to improve their health and overall well-being.
A health and wellness coach can help you:
- Identify your beliefs, values, and vision
- Create an action plan to achieve your goals
- Eliminate roadblocks or barriers that stand in the way
- Celebrate your success
Focus areas for coaching include: weight management, fitness and nutrition, health condition management, stress management, and life transitions (adapting to lifestyle changes such as deployment, moving, becoming a new parent, or retirement). Coaching is not: counseling, therapy, or a medical or advice hotline. You can participate in sessions by phone or online, whichever you prefer.
The coaches provide you with information, support, encouragement, and accountability, so that you can attain your goals and achieve your maximum potential at no cost to you! To sign up for a health and wellness coach, call 800-342-9647 and a Military OneSource consultant will register you and schedule your first session right away.
For those who prefer communicating online, online consultation uses online messaging, with the consultant and participant communicating online in real time. If you prefer to work independently, Military OneSource also offers the Living series — free, online, self-directed health and wellness coaching programs to help you make lasting lifestyle changes. The Living series offers four free online health and wellness courses:
- LivingLean: Weight Management Program: Do your food cravings sabotage your weight management efforts? Do you turn to food when you are sad, lonely, bored, or angry? This eight-week course uses multimedia, an interactive workbook, and emails to help you live healthy, lean, and free.
- LivingEasy: Resilience & Stress Management: Build a strong foundation of resilience so you can bounce back from situations you can't control and have courage and confidence in the ones you can. This series of four online courses uses audio, visuals, animation, quizzes, and a printable manual.
- LivingFit: 90-day Walking Program: Most of what we do each day is driven by habits. Once a habit is established it is easy to do, becomes automatic, and is hard to break. With the help of this 12-week program, you will develop and enjoy the habit of exercise!
- LivingFree: Smoking Cessation Program: Make today the day you quit smoking! No matter how long you have smoked or how many times you have tried to quit, this four-week training can work for you by treating the root emotional and physical causes of smoking.
Through any of the three Health and Wellness Coaching Program options — on the phone, online, or self-directed — Military OneSource can assist you in reaching your goals.