Sponsorship is a key component to a military family's successful move. It affects a family's ability to adapt to a new installation and community after relocating.
In recognition of the importance of successful sponsorship, the DoD has created the eSponsorship Application and Training website to bring standardized sponsorship training to all appointed unit sponsors regardless of service.
The eSAT website supports military service members who have been assigned the responsibility of unit sponsorship in order to better serve newcomers who have received permanent change of station orders. The website's key features include the following:
- An online training course for sponsors with links to all DoD and service websites that support the PCS process
- A downloadable checklist of the sponsor's duties and a printable certificate
- Reports accessible by unit leaders and relocation professionals
- Status views and service-specific customization of correspondence
- A downloadable needs assessment the sponsor uses to create customized welcome packages with service and unit-specific links, information and advanced applications for housing and child care
- Electronic feedback from sponsors and newcomers upon completion of the process
All service members who have been appointed as unit sponsors are eligible for eSAT.
The eSAT program is available online for CAC-enabled users at http://apps.militaryonesource.mil/esat.
A non-CAC-enabled version is available from the MilitaryINSTALLATIONS home page at http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/.
Service members may request a sponsor on MilitaryINSTALLATIONS at http://www.militaryinstallations.dod.mil/ or Plan My Move at http://planmymove.militaryonesource.mil.