Sponsorship is key to a military family’s successful move. It helps create unit cohesion and a smoother transition to a new installation and community. Recognizing the importance of successful sponsorship, the Department of Defense, in conjunction with the military services, created the Electronic Sponsorship Application & Training (eSAT) to bring standardized sponsorship training to all appointed unit sponsors regardless of service branch. Service members can access the eSAT website using their Common Access Card. The application is secure and will provide an official certificate for your unit records.
If you would like a quick look at a sponsor’s responsibilities, the unsecured public eSAT is an excellent option. In the training, you will learn your roles and responsibilities as a sponsor. The training will also provide you with the knowledge and resources for effective sponsorship. No certificate is issued with this version.
The Electronic Sponsorship Application and Training is designed to support military service members who have been assigned the responsibility of sponsorship to better serve newcomers who have received PCS orders – those that direct a permanent change of station. Key features include:
- An online training course for sponsors with links to all DoD and service branch websites that support the PCS process
- A downloadable checklist of the sponsor's duties and a printable certificate of completion for his or her records
- Reports that are accessible by unit leaders and relocation professionals
- Status views and service-specific customization of correspondence
- A downloadable needs assessment the sponsor uses to create customized welcome packages with service- and unit-specific links, information and advanced applications for housing and child care
The online training module and downloadable tools include a sample initial email message and branch specific welcome letters tailored to family status.
All service members appointed as sponsors are eligible for eSAT and may use their CAC to log in to the eSAT website.