There are a number of travel and transportation benefits that may be applicable to Department of Defense (DoD) civilian employees moving from one permanent duty station (PDS) to another at the direction of their employing agency. These benefits may include the following:
- employee and dependent transportation
- employee and dependent per diem
- transportation of household goods (HHG) including storage in transit (SIT)
- non-temporary storage (NTS) of household goods
- miscellaneous expense allowance (MEA)
- transportation and per diem for a house-hunting trip
- temporary quarters subsistence expense (TQSE)
- assistance with selling and buying a residence and lease termination
In addition, several special situations affect DoD civilian employees who are assigned to a PDS outside the continental United States (OCONUS). In all cases, the agency that employs the civilian must determine which relocation allowances will be paid and make this information known at the time of the advertisement or notification. DoD civilians will be required to sign and comply with the terms of a service agreement to obtain the authorized allowances.
You can find more comprehensive information about allowances on the Defense Travel Management Office website.