The Morale, Welfare and Recreation Information, Tickets and Tours program provides economical opportunities for service members and their families to satisfy their needs for national, regional and local travel, tours, attractions and events. The Information, Tickets and Tours program may also include remote or automated services for installations that lack sufficient volume to justify a staffed office or for National Guard, Reserve Component and active-duty families assigned to independent duty stations that lack access to the community support programs typically provided on installations.
Service delivery - Typical services provided by the Information, Tickets and Tours program include:
- Informational brochures and recommendations concerning local and regional attractions
- Local or regional group tours tickets to local movie theaters, concerts, plays, sports events, museums, etc.
- Admission to regional or national theme parks
- Advance sales for most Morale, Welfare and Recreation facilities, services and programs on the installation
- Air, rail and bus tickets, packaged tours, group tours, cruises and travel insurance
Funding - Information, Tickets and Tours programs are classified as community support programs (Category B) and are funded through a combination of appropriated funds and nonappropriated funds, but are primarily funded through appropriated funds.
Unlimited use of Morale, Welfare and Recreation programs and services is authorized to active duty, National Guard, Reserve Component members and their families, armed forces retirees and their families, former and surviving spouses and family members, and DoD civilians and their families when stationed outside the United States. Based on local demand and capacity, installation commanders may grant use of Morale, Welfare and Recreation programs and services to DoD civilians and their families inside the United States, DoD contract personnel, other federal employees, guests and members of the public.
These programs are available worldwide on military installations and online.