Are you planning your summer vacation and want to have an ample supply of reading materials for you and your family? You may want to try out audiobooks and eBooks from your local installation Morale, Welfare and Recreation library system, which has brought together a variety of sources with access to thousands of audiobooks and eBooks for service members and their families to retrieve or download for their reading pleasure.
- OneClick Digital Audiobooks provides a wide selection of unabridged audiobooks, which are iPod compatible.
- AudioBookCloud, an audiobook library collection, contains more than 1,000 books, including unabridged, high quality audio versions of American and world literature classics, non-fiction, fiction and more.
- EBSCO Collection offers access to thousands of high quality eBooks and audiobooks titles, which are compatible with virtually every portable audio device. More than 60 eBook collections provide an array of content, including children's classics, health, mystery, suspense, study aids, travel and beyond.
You can definitely find thousands of books to read for pleasure with help of MWR, but where do you go to find information about repairing your car or your lawn mower? How do you find the most up-to-date technology sources? What's the best way to find advice on financial investments? Again, your local MWR library provides digital resources to help you and your family members answer these questions with just a click on your computer or digital device, any time and any place.
- Safari Books Online is a collection of the best technology resources from leading authors and publishers in an online database that technology, IT and management professionals can quickly and easily search for reliable and complete answers to questions. The content includes technology, business, creative, digital media and personal and professional development resources in book, video, exercise and code snippets.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center provides information and advice on mutual funds, stocks, exchange-traded funds and market returns. Users can track investments, access daily market news and commentary, view snapshots on investments and interact on the research center forums.
Department of Defense MWR digital library resources are available at no cost to service members and their families — a particularly helpful benefit for Guard and reserve members and their families who may not have access to installation libraries. Some libraries may require you to register and create an online account, but the resources are still at no cost. Visit Military OneSource or your local installation library to learn about these valuable and easy-to-use resources.