Military OneSource is provided at no cost by the Department of Defense and supports military members and their families with a broad range of services. Military OneSource addresses concerns like money management, spouse employment and education, parenting, relocation, deployment and the concerns of families with special needs members. We can be especially helpful to those who live at a distance from installations. Military OneSource is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from any location in the world.
Individuals eligible for Military OneSource include the following:
- Active-duty service members in the Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force and their immediate family members
- National Guard and reserve members and their immediate family members (including members of the Individual Ready Reserve), regardless of activation status
- Anyone who has legal responsibility for a service member's children during deployment or separation from the family (the service requested must clearly benefit the child)
- Retired and separating service members and their immediate family members for up to six months following their end of tour of service, retirement date or discharge date
Others eligible for Military OneSource include extended family members when they are seeking assistance on behalf of their service member and certain qualified DoD civilians.
Call center and online support
Military OneSource has masters-level consultants available 24/7 by telephone and email, to provide you with practical suggestions and support for issues that nearly everyone faces, like locating resources for a child with special needs, handling a move or nurturing a relationship with a deployed spouse.
Military OneSource offers confidential specialty consultations for the following areas: wounded warrior, special needs, adult and elder care, financial, education, adoption and health and wellness coaching. To schedule a consultation, call and ask for an appointment with the type of specialty consultant you need. Specialty consultations give you the chance to talk to a trained professional to assist in resolving your issue.
Confidential non-medical counseling (face-to-face, telephone or online)
For short-term, non-medical concerns such as handling stress, relationships, grief and parenting issues, Military OneSource provides confidential non-medical counseling at no cost with experienced, licensed counselors. Users can receive face-to-face counseling in the local community, counseling by telephone or online counseling using instant messaging.
Military OneSource provides short-term, solution-focused and confidential financial counseling in-person or by telephone. These counselors provide education, coaching and referrals to military or community resources. Appropriate areas for financial counseling include:
- Money management and budgeting
- Housing (pre-purchase, foreclosure prevention and reverse mortgages) and loan concerns
- Debt management, credit issues and debt collections
- Deployment and relocation-related financial issues
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- Investment-related tax issues and investing basics
- Mutual funds, IRAs, retirement planning and insurance
- Thrift Savings Plan, 401(k), 403(b)
- DoD Savings Deposit Program
Military OneSource offers a no-cost, electronic tax filing service. If eligible, you can complete, save and file your federal and up to three state returns online at no cost. To access this tool, you must start your return from the Military OneSource tax services link. If you have questions, please call 800-342-9647 and ask to speak with a tax consultant seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST.
Military OneSource also provides specialized confidential telephonic tax consultations with certified public accountants to educate users about federal tax issues. This year-round service is separate from the tax program.
Spouse Education and Career Opportunities
The Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program provides expert education and career guidance to military spouses worldwide. The program offers comprehensive information, tools and resources to support career exploration, education and training, employment readiness and career connections. Online, in the community or on the phone, SECO ensures spouses have all the opportunities and connections they need to find a career they love that fits their mobile military life.
Online tools and social media
The Military OneSource website provides access to online tools and information, including articles, audios and announcements. The site also provides scheduling and registration information for live online webinars, locators for installation-based support, subscription information for monthly electronic newsletters and links to other official resources.
Military OneSource also provides a variety of social media to reach service members and their families and help them connect with each other. These include a Facebook page, a Twitter feed and the Blog Brigade.
Military OneSource also develops and distributes educational materials with expert information about the challenges of military life. Through the website or by telephone, users can order copies of booklets, CDs, DVDs and articles at no cost.
Contacting Military OneSource
Contacting Military OneSource is easy — whether you're in the United States or overseas. Military OneSource services are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Stateside: 800-342-9647
- International: 800-3429-6477 or 703-253-7599. Calling instructions for your specific international location can be found in the Counseling drop-down menu located at the top of every page on Military OneSource.
- Collect from overseas: Dial an international operator first. Then ask to be connected with 703-253-7599.
- Voice over Internet protocol: If you have a voice over Internet protocol account set-up, you can use it to call Military OneSource at 800-842-9647.
- En español llame al: 877-888-0727
- TTY/TDD: 866-607-6794 or TTY/TDD en español: 800-999-3004