Virtual Military Spouse Symposium
Take Your Career to the Next Level
Mark your calendar for the first Virtual Military Spouse Symposium hosted by the Department of Defense Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program. Learn why Fortune 500 companies love military spouses and what they are doing to support them in their job search. Get an insider’s perspective on what recruiters are really looking for and how to shine in your next interview. Hear about relocating your career with advanced degrees. Learn directly from the leader of LinkedIn’s veterans initiatives on how to make the most of the networking tool. Discover why it’s important to maintain a work-life balance and take time for enjoyable activities.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to participate in an interactive event designed to provide you with job search tactics, networking resources, wellness strategies and introductions to companies and organizations interested in hiring military spouses. Whether you are an experienced professional or a first-time job seeker, the symposium has an event for you, from strategies for balancing work and home to beginning the process of starting your own business.
This comprehensive, four-day virtual symposium scheduled May 15-18 will feature five program tracks:
- Career counseling — Learn about resumes, networking and interviewing. Identify useful tools, resources and counseling options available to military spouses.
- Military spouse wellness — Find the information and support you need to address any challenges you might face in achieving your employment goals.
- Corporate connections — Discover networking resources and links to businesses, corporations, government and non-profit organizations focused on hiring and helping military spouses.
- Tools of the trade — Identify what tools are available to help you reach your goals – from entrepreneurship to virtual mentoring.
- Expertise from the field — Hear from those who have been there and done that. Learn about other exciting resources you may not know exist in the field. Last, but not least, join in the largest virtual hiring event on Facebook we have ever hosted!
No matter where you are in your career — preparing to join or reenter the workforce after a long hiatus or hoping to get that promotion you’ve long wanted — the symposium offers strategies and resources to help you make that next step. You’ll have the opportunity to hear from experts, network with hiring executives, and connect with other military spouses interested in advancing their careers. Spouses can attend all tracks or simply one or two sessions.
Follow SECO social channels (Facebook and Twitter) for more information on the symposium and for career and education guidance. During the event, you can follow along via the event #MilSpouseLive on Twitter. Register here today: https://myseco.militaryonesource.mil/Portal/SpouseSymposium.