TuboTAP (http://www.turbotap.org) is an easy to use, interactive web portal that provides life-long support to separating active duty, Guard, and Reserve members and their families. It is a single source starting point for accessing key resources available to transitioning members at any point in their military career.
- Collaborative Partnership. TurboTAP was developed through ha collaborative partnership between the Department of Defense (DoD), the Departments of Labor (DoL), Veterans Affairs (VA), and Education, Small Business Administration, the National Veterans Corporation, and the National Guard Bureau, integrating their best online tools, information, and support services for the benefit of transitioners returning to their homes, communities, and local employers.
- Available for Life. Transitioning service members are encouraged to establish a TurboTAP account within forty-eight hours of attending a Transition Assistance Program workshop or as soon as they learn about this resource. The account gives them access to the online TurboTAP Individual Transition Planning Tool and provides them with email alerts when benefits and support services change.
- Main TurboTAP Features:
- a multi-media tutorial explaining how to use TurboTAP
- downloadable Pre-separation and Transition Guides, helpful checklists, and resources for in-person assistance
- an Employment Hub with links to job boards, a resume tool, and job search assistance
- a VA Benefits Hub with a full range of benefits, including a focus on health issues
- a TurboTAP account for transitioning planning and benefit alerts
TurboTAP is available to separating active duty, Guard, and Reserve service members and their families.
TurboTAP is available online.