TurboTAP is an easy to use, interactive web portal that provides life-long support to separating active-duty, National Guard and Reserve Component members and their families. It is a single source starting point for accessing key resources available to transitioning members at any point in their military career.
- Collaborative partnership. TurboTAP was developed through a collaborative partnership between the DoD and the departments of Labor, Veterans Affairs, and Education, the Small Business Administration, the National Veterans Corporation and the National Guard Bureau, integrating their best online tools, information and support services for the benefit of transitioning service members returning to their homes, communities and local employers.
- Available for life. Transitioning service members are encouraged to establish a TurboTAP account within 48 hours of attending a Transition Assistance Program workshop or as soon as they learn about this resource. The account gives them access to the online TurboTAP Individual Transition Planning Tool and provides them with email alerts when benefits and support services change.
- Features. The main features of TurboTAP include the following:
- A multi-media tutorial explaining how to use TurboTAP
- Downloadable preseparation and transition guides, helpful checklists and resources for in-person assistance
- An employment hub with links to job boards, a resume tool and job search assistance
- A Department of Veterans Affairs benefits hub with a full range of benefits, including a focus on health issues
- A TurboTAP account for transitioning planning and benefit alerts
TurboTAP is available to separating active-duty, National Guard and Reserve Component service members and their families.
TurboTAP is available online.