Military OneSource Adult Disability Care Consultations
When you have an adult family member who needs care, support and resources, Military OneSource adult disability care consultants can help.
Consultations for eligible service members and family include one-on-one sessions with a master’s level specialist. These trained professionals can answer questions, provide information, help you research and refer you to services and programs that meet your specific needs.
Connecting you with adult disability support services
Military OneSource’s adult disability consultants can answer your questions and help you access a variety of resources and support services:
- Exceptional Family Member Program. They can give you information about the Exceptional Family Member Program and explain the benefits of enrolling to you and your family.
- Independent living options. Consultants can help you find information on housing options such as independent living facilities, group homes and subsidized apartments.
- Regional Department of Veterans Affairs office
- Medicaid waiver program. Specialty consultants can provide information on Medicaid waiver programs that are available to both senior citizens and adults with disabilities. A Medicaid waiver may provide assistance for in-home care or facility care. Each state has different names for its Medicaid waiver programs. Coverage and eligibility requirements vary from state to state.
- Military OneSource resources. Adult disability care consultants can also give you information on the other Military OneSource resources and services available to you for free, like confidential non-medical counseling, financial counseling and other specialty consultations on topics such as wounded warriors and education.
Locate the information and assistance you need to help care for your loved one. Call 800-342-9647 or connect with Military OneSource to arrange a consultation with one of our specially trained, professional adult disability care consultants. OCONUS/International? Click here for calling options. For more information about disability services, check out some of the related articles on Military OneSource.