Plan My Move: Great PCS Moving Checklists & More
If you’ve got your new orders, it’s time to fire up a powerful tool that can help you take charge and master your move. Plan My Move is an online moving tool that simplifies the moving process, breaking it down into clear, manageable steps for both experienced and first-time movers. This Department of Defense relocation tool provides:
- Details about benefits and allowances
- Points of contact
- Relocation budget planner
- Checklists and planning calendars
- Information on education and employment
- Comprehensive moving information
- Links to MilitaryINSTALLATIONS
You can even request a sponsor through a link on the calendar page. Plan My Move will put you and your family in charge of a smooth relocation to your new duty assignment. Your installation’s relocation professionals can help you seize your move.
Customizable moving calendars
Plan My Move gives you a three-month calendar of steps to improve your move. Select your departure date, departure location and destination to customize the calendar. You can:
- Add, modify and remove tasks
- List key departure and arrival activities
- Access general and installation-specific information
- Modify the time frame for your move, ranging from one month to two years
You can also customize your calendar depending on whether it’s your first move, if you’re traveling overseas, or if you have a special needs member of the family.
Less than three months until your move? Complete the steps you've missed — and pick up where you can. The tasks are grouped by week and day so you can follow a daily schedule that works for you.
Personalized moving checklists and contacts
Plan My Move has detailed checklists, too, including:
- Traveling tips checklist
- Arrival checklist
- Documents to hand carry
The app also gives you shortcuts to:
- Exceptional Family Member Program contacts
- Finance office contracts
- Housing office contacts
- Housing referral office contacts
- Relocation assistance contacts
- Relocation budget planner
- School Liaison Officer
- Spouse Education, Training and Careers Transportation Office contacts
Need more info about your new duty station?
MilitaryINSTALLATIONS is an easy way to find resources where you’re currently stationed and contact the installation where you’re being reassigned.
- You’ll find a searchable directory of installations and services, with websites and maps, phone numbers and email addresses.
- Enter an installation and get fast facts, photos, services, schools and much more — including local community information.
- Compare the cost of living and other statistics between communities. Locate information on local schools.
- Use the home values tool to research real estate prices and trends.