Mental Health – Benefits
Military OneSource collaborates with a variety of other networks, programs and help lines to ensure you receive the right help for your mental health needs. While Military OneSource does not provide health care services, it does offer non-medical counseling and information about health care services and benefits.
- TRICARE is the health care program for military members and their families. The program is divided into three regions (North, South and West), and also offers overseas assistance.
- The TRICARE Military Treatment Facility Locator is the locator tool for military treatment centers.
Military Crisis Line
- The Military Crisis Line connects a person in need to a trained counselor with a single phone call or click of a mouse.
- This confidential, immediate help is available 24/7 at no cost to active-duty, Guard and reserve members, their families and friends.
- In the United States call 800-273-8255, then press 1, or access online chat at the Military Crisis Line or by texting to 838255.
Department of Veterans Affairs
- Find information on health insurance and benefits for returning veterans and survivors by visiting the Department of Veterans Affairs website.
- You can also locate the closest VA medical center and learn about the services the VA offers.
- Vet Centers provide readjustment assistance to all veterans who served in any combat zone.
- There are 207 community-based Vet Centers located in the U.S., Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Installation alcohol and substance use disorder programs
- Free counseling services are available through the installation to service members and their family members.
- Contact your branch substance use disorder prevention program: Army Substance Abuse Program, Marine Corps Substance Abuse Program, Navy Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention, and Air Force Alcohol and Drug Prevention and Treatment (ADAPT) Program.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration National Mental Health Information Center
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration National Mental Health Information Center provides referrals to outpatient, inpatient and residential treatment facilities, including affordable mental health services.
- The center offers a Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator to assist persons seeking treatment facilities in the U.S. or U.S. Territories for substance use disorders, addiction and mental health problems. Call 800-789-2647.
USA Cares Warrior Treatment Today
- USA Cares Warrior Treatment Today pays essential household bills while a wounded service member or veteran is attending residential treatment for a traumatic brain injury or PTSD.
If you or someone you know is in crisis, contact the Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255, then press 1, or access online chat by texting to 838255.