Taxes – Resources
As a service member or eligible family member, you can take advantage of several resources and services that can make tax time easier. Tap into free financial and tax counseling, secure online tax preparation and filing, and information through Military OneSource and other trusted resources.
MilTax – Military OneSource Tax Services
Meet with a MilTax consultant for help on:
- Military-specific information on your tax questions
- Tax preparation and filing services
- Easy-to-use tax preparation online software and free technical assistance
- Assistance filing a tax extension.
If you have any personal tax-related questions, call 800-342-9647 to speak with a Military OneSource tax consultant. OCONUS/International? Click here for calling options.
Armed Forces’ Tax Guide
- Learn about tax deductions, benefits and credits available to service members. Take a look at the Internal Revenue Service’s detailed Armed Forces’ Tax Guide
The Personal Financial Management Program
- The Personal Financial Management Program is an installation-based program offered by each of the services.
- Counselors provide education and counseling services on things like retirement planning, banking, budgeting, record keeping and more.
Military Financial Readiness Program
- Check out the Military Financial Readiness Program offered by the nonprofit FINRA Investor Education Foundation.
- The program provides free, unbiased financial education tools and training to service members, their spouses and others via several initiatives.
- Get and download your military W-2 from myPay. It is posted there before being mailed to you.
- Other tax forms are available on the Internal Revenue Service website, or you can pick them up from your local post office or library.
- Check out the practical and useful articles on the Military OneSource Taxes topic page, such as “Tax Filing Made Simple” and “How to Deal With Special Tax Considerations.”
Whatever your tax needs include, Military OneSource can help put you and your family in financial shape, whether it’s for tax season or saving for something special.