- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
There may be times in your military career when you need official documents translated into other languages such as when signing a property lease overseas or getting married in another country. And foreign-born spouses moving to the U.S. for the first time need documents translated into English. If you’re eligible to use the Military OneSource program, you can get free document translation services in more than 150 languages for these qualifying official papers:
- Marriage licenses
- Adoption paperwork required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Birth certificates
- School transcripts for service members and their families
Upon request by an eligible user, translations will be certified, notarized as necessary and accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
Contact Military OneSource 24/7.
You can get personalized help 365 days a year by telephone and online.
Overseas? See OCONUS calling options.
Prefer to live chat? Start now.
Medical documents and fliers advertising installation events do not qualify for translation services. Call Military OneSource at 800-342-9647 to ask if your document qualifies for translation.
If your document does not meet the requirements for translation, your Military OneSource consultant will help you find other assistance.
- For educational materials — manufacturers, educational services and community agencies may provide translations in numerous languages.
- For medical materials — we may refer you to your primary care physician, TRICARE (or other health benefit provider) or nearest military treatment facility for further assistance.
Call a Military OneSource consultant at 800-342-9647 and let them know you have a document for translation. Make sure you have the document with you when you call. Your consultant will do the following:
- Explain how to connect with and send documents to the translation service provider.
- Ask questions about your document to complete a Request for Translation Services form.
- Give you a case number for your document.
- Send a copy of the completed Request for Translation Services form to you.
- Instruct you to attach this form when you send your documents to the service provider.
- Authorize your case with the service provider with the Request for Translation Services form.
Keep in mind that authorized case numbers are only good for one use. Each document needs a separate case number.
If your document is less than 5,000 words, it may take just a few business days to translate. However, if your document is more than 5,000 words or nonstandard, it will require more time.
Certified document translation is something you’ve earned by being part of the military community. Be sure to take advantage of free translation services from Military OneSource by calling today — 800-342-9647.