- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
Call the Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 and press 1, or text 838255.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Military family members who need help speaking or writing in English can get a language translator through Military OneSource when their service members are deployed or temporarily assigned. Anyone eligible for the Military OneSource program can take advantage of these free services.
Finding language translation services
Military OneSource provides real-time language interpretation services that:
- Ensure language will not be a barrier to military families seeking and receiving Military OneSource services
- Are provided by phone 24/7 by calling 800-342-9647
Language interpretation services are available in more than 150 languages and allow non-English speaking family members to access Military OneSource services and consultants. It’s important to note, however, that language interpretation services through Military OneSource may not be used to discuss or deliver medical information.
Military OneSource also provides free translation of the following official documents for service members and their families:
- Marriage licenses
- Adoption paperwork required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Birth certificates
- School transcripts for service members and their families
If requested, these translated documents can be certified as accurate, notarized as necessary and accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
If a document does not meet the requirements for translation, a Military OneSource consultant will explain how to find the assistance you need.
Find out more about document translation services.
Language translation through the internet
Service providers assisting non-English speaking military family members also can use free language translator features commonly available on the internet:
- Many websites allow you to translate the entire site or pieces of content into any number of languages.
- There are many online translation programs available, some of them at no cost.
Language doesn’t have to be a barrier for military families. Call Military OneSource at 800-342-9647 to find the free translation services you need.Tags: translation