Need professional support but are living in a remote location? Want to talk to a counselor but don’t have any transportation? You always have access to support through Military OneSource. We provide free, confidential non-medical counseling sessions via secure live video to discuss issues like transition stress, deployment concerns and parenting challenges.
Contact Military OneSource 24/7.
You can get personalized help 365 days a year by telephone and online.
Overseas? See OCONUS calling options.
Prefer to live chat? Start now.
Video counseling uses secure, live video technology to connect you and a counselor visually and audibly throughout the session.
Here are 10 things you should know about secure video counseling:
- Video non-medical counseling is provided by a professional with a master’s or doctoral degree (in psychology, counseling, social work or marriage and family counseling) and a license to practice independently.
- Video non-medical counseling requires that you to have a video-enabled computer, though the audio portion of video non-medical counseling can connect through a telephone.
- You are entitled to 12 video sessions. If you need more support after that, a Military OneSource consultant can help you access other resources including community services, installation services or TRICARE, if appropriate.
- Keeping video conversations private is the responsibility of both parties. Military OneSource uses state-of-the-art technology to transfer information over the internet securely. Location privacy and keeping your email and passwords secure are your responsibility. Military OneSource can’t guarantee the confidentiality of video conversations or the privacy of your location.
- The length of video non-medical counseling sessions ranges from 45 to 60 minutes per session.
- Video sessions are available Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. EST, and by appointment between 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. EST, to accommodate time zones outside of the continental U.S.
- Video sessions are available free of charge to active-duty, National Guard and reserve members of any activation status, their immediate family members and survivors. See full eligibility guidelines.
- Sessions are completely confidential. The only exceptions to confidentiality are legal and military requirements to report child abuse, spouse abuse, elder abuse, sexual assault involving service members, threats of harm to self or others, and any present or future illegal activity.
- A family member or a legal guardian of a service member’s dependents can use non-medical counseling sessions without the service member’s knowledge. The service member or other eligible family members are still entitled to their own 12 sessions.
- Confidential non-medical counseling doesn’t address issues such as active suicidal or homicidal thoughts, Family Advocacy Program cases, sexual assault, child abuse, domestic violence, or alcohol or substance abuse. Military OneSource can provide you with referrals to other appropriate services as needed. Read more about what’s covered under non-medical counseling.
Meet the team behind the Military OneSource’s call center. Begin your video sessions today by contacting a Military OneSource consultant online or by calling 800-342-9647. OCONUS/International? Click here for calling options.