Eligibility for Confidential, Non-medical Support Services
Military OneSource helps service members and their families be the best guardians of their country, team and family by helping them find information, manage challenges and connect with the military community. A virtual extension of installation services, Military OneSource provides a wide range of confidential support services, including:
- Military OneSource online services and webinars
- Call center consultation and referral
- Translation services for documents and telephonic language interpretation
- Non-medical counseling available in person, by telephone, via secure chat or by secure video session
- Tax consultation and filing services
- Health and wellness coaching
- Financial counseling
- Resilience tools
Eligibility may vary and is explained in the following information.
Eligibility for all Military OneSource support services
The following groups are eligible for all Military OneSource services listed above:
- Active-duty service members of the Army, Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force.
- Active-duty immediate family members (includes spouses, children and anyone who has legal responsibility for the service member's children during separation for the child's benefit).
- National Guard and reserve service members (regardless of their activation status) and their immediate families (includes spouses, children and anyone who has legal responsibility for the service member's children during separation for the child's benefit).
- Coast Guard members who are activated as part of the Department of the Navy under Title 10 authority, as well as their family members.
- Designated Department of Defense expeditionary civilians and their families (includes spouses, children and anyone who has legal responsibility for the service member's children during separation for the child's benefit).
- Survivors (surviving spouses who have not remarried and children) of active duty, National Guard and reserve service members (regardless of activation status or cause of service member's death).
- Medically discharged service members (and their immediate family members) if they are being serviced under one of the services' wounded warrior or seriously ill and injured programs.
- Retired service members, including Coast Guard veterans (and their immediate family) until 365 days past end of tour of service, retirement date or discharge date, including service members on the Temporary Disability Retirement List.
- Discharged service members, including Coast Guard veterans (if discharged honorably) (and their immediate family members) until 365 days past end of tour of service, retirement date or discharge date.
- Military academy cadets.
Eligibility for limited Military OneSource support services
The following groups are eligible for Military OneSource online services and webinars, and call center consultation and services, but cannot access all Military OneSource services:
- Parents and extended family members of active-duty, National Guard and reserve service members when needing assistance with issues that are directly related to the service member or on behalf of the service member.
- Reserve Officers’ Training Corps students.
- Delayed-entry recruits and future recruits (and their parents and immediate family members) regarding support directly related to or on behalf of the future recruit.
- Non-military/non-spouse (for example, partner or former spouse) who is the parent of an eligible child is eligible if the service member is being serviced under an injured soldier program as well as his or her immediate family, including anyone who has legal responsibility for a service member’s children during separation. Eligibility extends to language translation services for documents and for telephone translation.
Speak with a Military OneSource consultant directly at 800-342-9647 for more information regarding eligibility requirements. OCONUS/International? Click here for calling options.