Leaders are competent and motivated. They know how to solve problems and delegate responsibilities. Most importantly, they are aware of their limitations and aren’t afraid to ask for help when they need it. That’s important for unit readiness. Military OneSource can assist with issues that range from debt and relationship problems to deployment readiness. Military OneSource is a support program from the Department of Defense that includes:
- Free services for military members and their families
- Experienced and trained professionals who understand military life
- Programs that are useful to military members or families who live on or off base
- Consultants that are available 24/7/365
Contact Military OneSource 24/7.
You can get personalized help 365 days a year by telephone and online.
Overseas? See OCONUS calling options.
Prefer to live chat? Start now.
How Military OneSource helps service and family members
Military OneSource consultants support a broad range of issues that include:
- Referrals to the appropriate resource within or outside of Military OneSource
- Research on communities, schools, child care, special needs, homeschooling, summer camps and more
- Financial guidance and assistance with household budget and tax-related issues
- Assistance with college research and help with federal financial aid applications
- References for reputable companies for home repairs
- Translations of qualified documents, including leases, marriage licenses and adoption paperwork
- Suggestions about elder care issues
Service members and their families can also meet with independently licensed counselors in person, via telephone and online using a secure, real-time “chat” format, or by secure, real-time video for non-medical counseling.
The Military OneSource website
The site features:
- Articles and webinars on a wide range of topics, including spousal employment, education, financial matters, child care, parenting and recreational activities
- Free booklets and CDs that can be downloaded or shipped to you
- School and summer camp locators through MilitaryINSTALLATIONS
- Financial calculators for various situations
You can also prepare and file your taxes online, sign up for newsletters or download podcasts.
Spread the word about Military OneSource
Tell your service and family members about Military OneSource. Through the site, service and family members can:
- Schedule a briefing with a consultant who will come to your command and describe the services available
- Order marketing materials, such as brochures, magnets and wallet cards, and educational materials, such as CDs and booklets
Referring service and family members to Military OneSource
When referring a service or family member to Military OneSource, remember these tips:
- Address problems early on to keep small problems or concerns from becoming serious issues.
- Avoid diagnosing the service or family member’s problems. Let specially trained professionals make the assessments and referrals.
- Explain that communication with a Military OneSource consultant is private and all Military OneSource records are confidential, except for cases related to domestic violence, child abuse and threats of self-harm or harm to others.
Contact Military OneSource
Service and family members can call, click and connect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from any location in the world. You can call:
- Stateside: 800-342-9647
- International: Visit the International Dialing Instructions page for instructions by country.
- Overseas: call an international operator first then ask to be connected to 703-253-7599
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP): if you have a VoIP account set-up, you can call Military OneSource at 800-342-9647
- En español llame al: 800-342-9647
- TTY/TDD: Dial 711 and give the toll-free number 800-342-9647