- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Can’t make it to a traditional, face-to-face counseling session? No worries. Military OneSource offers free, confidential non-medical online counseling. No matter where you’re stationed, you have access to the support you need. Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, experts are ready to help you tackle challenges of military and family life.
Here is what you need to know about confidential, non-medical online counseling.
How does free non-medical online counseling work?
- Online medical counseling involves a real-time conversation between you and the counselor using instant messaging.
- The length of each online session varies based on the discussion. Sessions are available between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.
- Counselors are professionals with a master’s or doctoral degree (in psychology, counseling, social work or marriage and family counseling) and a license to practice independently in the state/territory where services are received.
- You are entitled to 12 sessions per issue. If you need more support after that, a Military OneSource consultant can help you access other resources, including community services, installation services or TRICARE, if appropriate.
- You can arrange your online session by calling Military OneSource at 800-342-9647 or by logging in to your Military OneSource account. OCONUS/International? View calling options.
- Military OneSource uses state-of-the-art technology to securely transfer information over the internet. However, you’re responsible for keeping your location private and your email and passwords secure. The confidentiality of your online conversations or the privacy of your location can’t be guaranteed.
- The sessions are completely confidential. The only exceptions to confidentiality are legal and military requirements to report child abuse, spouse abuse, elder abuse, threats of harm to self or others, and any present or future illegal activity.
- Family members can use confidential, online non-medical counseling without the service member knowing. They have the option of receiving 12 sessions as well.
- See Understanding Non-medical Counseling for a list of topics addressed in online sessions.
- Online sessions are available free of charge to active-duty, National Guard and reserve members of any activation status, their immediate family members and survivors. See full eligibility guidelines.
- Online non-medical counseling is now available for children and teenagers ages 6-17.
Contact Military OneSource 24/7.
You can get personalized help 365 days a year by telephone and online.
Overseas? See OCONUS calling options.
Prefer to live chat? Start now.
The Military OneSource non-medical online counseling service allows you to work with a counselor from the comfort of your home or anywhere in the world. A perfect option for service members and their families stationed overseas and in remote locations, the online sessions permit you to develop life skills and address challenges on your schedule and with flexibility.
Call Military OneSource at 800-342-9647 to schedule your online counseling session. OneSource account. OCONUS/International? View calling options.
SAFETY ALERT: If you need to exit this website in a hurry, click the “Exit Site” button and you will be quickly redirected to Weather.com.
Computer use can be monitored and is impossible to completely clear. If you are afraid your internet usage might be monitored, visit the 24/7 Family Advocacy Program Victim Advocate Locator or call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800−799−7233.