- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
Call the Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 and press 1, or text 838255.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Adoption – The Essentials
While mobile military life isn’t a barrier to adoption, there are some aspects of adoption that are unique to military life. A Military OneSource adoption consultant is specially trained in military adoptions and can help you navigate the process.
You should know:
- Consultants can offer information on various types of adoption, financial assistance, helpful agencies and more.
- The military offers adoption reimbursement to families, with eligible service members able to receive up to $2,000 per adopted child and up to $5,000 per calendar year.
Active duty, National Guard and reserve service members and their families are eligible for free, confidential adoption consultations.
- Military OneSource Adoption Consultations
- 5 Adoption Options
- Considering Military Adoption? Eight Things Service Families Should Know