While mobile military life isn't a barrier to adoption, there are some aspects of adoption that are unique to military life. A Military OneSource adoption consultant is specially trained in military adoptions and can help you navigate the process.
You should know:
- Consultants can offer information on various types of adoption, financial assistance, helpful agencies and more.
- The military offers adoption reimbursement to families, with eligible service members able to receive up to $2,000 per adopted child and up to $5,000 per calendar year.
- Active duty, National Guard and reserve service members and their families are eligible for free, confidential adoption consultations.
- Military OneSource Adoption Consultations
- 5 Adoption Options
- Considering Military Adoption? Eight Things Service Families Should Know