Adult Disability Care - The Essentials

When you have an adult family member who needs care, support and resources, you can seek help by contacting your installation Exceptional Family Member Program Family Support staff who can point you in the right direction of local and community services you may require on installation or off. You may also benefit from a one-on-one session with a master’s level trained professional who can help you access the resources and support you need to take care of your family member.

Here's what you need to know:

  • You can access a special needs consultant through Military OneSource Exceptional Family Member Program Resources, Options and Consultations, or EFMP ROC. Consultants can connect you with experts in education, military health care system and TRICARE, special needs estate planning and more.
  • Consultants can help you with services such as independent living options, veterans’ assistance, Medicaid and Military OneSource resources.
  • Active duty, National Guard and reserve service members and eligible family members can obtain free, confidential, adult disability consultations.
  • Some members of the Coast Guard, injured service members and family members, as well as individuals who are recently medically retired, also are eligible.

Relevant Articles:

Relevant Resources: