Take Command of Your Well-Being With a Health and Wellness Coach
Losing weight, managing stress, tackling transitions — if you're ready to make some life changes, free consultations with Military OneSource health and wellness coaches can help you set goals and create a plan to reach them.
You can be more successful in reaching your maximum potential when you have a coach cheering you on. Military OneSource health and wellness coaches stand ready to be your personal cheerleader.
How can a health and wellness coach help me improve my life?
Having a health coach in your corner helps you make a plan, focus on results and reach your goals. The top five ways a wellness coach can improve your life are by helping to:
- Clarify your focus (identify your beliefs, values and vision, and goals)
- Set you up for success (create an action plan to achieve your goals)
- Prepare you for the unexpected (eliminate roadblocks or barriers that stand in the way)
- Keep you on course (hold you accountable for your goals)
- Celebrate your achievements (acknowledge your hard work when you reach your goal)
What topics and goals do health and wellness coaches support?
Health and wellness coaches provide information, support, encouragement and accountability on specific topics including:
- Weight management
- Health condition management
- Stress management
- Life transitions
How can a coach help with life transitions?
Having a plan can sometimes make major adjustments and life changes easier. A Military OneSource health and wellness coach can help you make a plan before or during those life transitions when you’re adapting to changes such as deployment, moving, becoming a new parent or retirement.
Who’s eligible for health and wellness coaching?
The Military OneSource Health and Wellness Coaching Program is a free resource for eligible service members (regardless of activation status) and certain others including:
- Active duty
- National Guard
- Reserve members
- Immediate family members and survivors of active-duty, National Guard and reserve members
How do I get started with a health coach?
Call 800-342-9647 to sign up for health and wellness coaching sessions. You can choose from three Health and Wellness Coaching Program session options:
- Secure, real-time online chat
- Secure, real-time video session
Are there self-directed wellness programs available?
If you prefer to work without a coach, visit the United States Department of Agriculture MyPlate Plan to try a self-directed online program that tracks things like nutrition and exercise.
You’re one call away from starting to live a healthier life. Call today for the information, support, encouragement and accountability a Military OneSource health and wellness coach can give you.