When it comes to being or becoming a new parent, there are times you may need to call in back-up. Military OneSource is here for you with the New MilParent specialty consultation – free confidential help to get resources you need to tackle parenting challenges. Professionally trained consultants can provide individualized support on a wide range of topics.
Eligible service members and spouses include expectant parents and parents of children up to age 5. You have access to an unlimited number of free sessions by phone or video chat with consultants who understand children and military life. Some of the topics New MilParent consultants can help you with include:
Parenting questions? We all have them.
Try Thrive — a free, new online parenting-education program. It can help you raise healthy, resilient children.
- Developing a routine for your child
- Reducing parental stress
- Learning the benefits of regular self-care
- Exploring best sleep practices to improve issues for yourself or your child
- Understanding developmental milestones
- Preparing for parenting through deployment and preparing young children for separation
- Finding child care options
- Managing difficult behaviors
- Connecting and communicating with your partner
- Preparing for pre-school
- Exploring emotional growth, increasing confidence and regression in toilet training
- Connecting with your partner after baby arrives
- Navigating single parenthood
- Strengthening and expanding your parenting network
- Learning techniques on effective parenting for dual active duty new parents
- Discovering community and branch-specific resources
Call 800-342-9647 or start a live chat to schedule an appointment with a New MilParent consultant. OCONUS/International? Click here for calling options.