- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Special Needs – The Essentials
Military OneSource special needs consultants can answer your questions and concerns related to your child or adult family member with special needs. They’re also knowledgeable about the range of military programs and assistance available to you.
- Consultants are professionals with master’s degrees and extensive experience in the disability field and are trained in military programs.
- Consultants will complete a needs assessment and guide your family to the resources you requested or other options to consider.
- Consultations can cover subjects including special education, the military health care system and TRICARE, special needs estate planning, support for adults with special needs, independent living options, veterans’ assistance, Medicaid, Social Security, secondary dependency and incapacitated adult, referrals to legal and financial resources, wellness support for caregivers and much more.
- Active duty, National Guard and reserve service members and eligible family members can obtain free, confidential, special needs consultations. These cover topics related to children and adults with a disability.
- Military retirees and discharged service members (if discharged honorably) are eligible for services provided by Military OneSource, including special needs consultations, for up to 365 days after their retirement date, end of tour date, or discharge date.
- Some members of the Coast Guard, injured service members and family members, as well as individuals who are recently medically retired, are also eligible.
- Caregiver Support Services – The Essentials
- Special Needs Consultations
- Special Needs – Benefits
- Special Needs – Resources
- Exceptional Family Member Program Family Support
- Accessibility through Assistive Technology Fact Sheet
- Special Needs Parent Toolkit
- Special Care Organizational Record for Children with Special Health or Educational Needs
- Special Care Organizational Record for Adults with Special Needs
- Military OneSource special needs consultants
- Education Directory for Children With Special Needs
- Military Caregiver Flyer