Special needs consultants, accessed through Military OneSource Exceptional Family Member Program Resources, Options and Consultations, or EFMP ROC, can answer your questions and concerns related to your child or adult family member with special needs. They’re also knowledgeable about the range of military programs and assistance available to you.
- Consultants are professionals with master's degrees and extensive experience in the disability field and are trained in military programs.
- Consultants will complete a needs assessment and guide your family to the resources you requested or other options to consider.
- Consultations can cover subjects including special education, the military health care system and TRICARE, special needs estate planning, support for adults with special needs, independent living options, veterans’ assistance, Medicaid, referrals to legal and financial resources, wellness support for caregivers and much more.
- Active duty, National Guard and reserve service members and eligible family members can obtain free, confidential, special needs consultations. These cover topics related to children and adults with a disability.
- Some members of the Coast Guard, injured service members and family members, as well as individuals who are recently medically retired, are also eligible.
- Caregiver Support Services – The Essentials
- Special Needs Consultations
- Special Needs – Benefits
- Special Needs – Resources
- Exceptional Family Member Program Family Support
- Accessibility through Assistive Technology Fact Sheet
- Special Needs Parent Toolkit
- Special Care Organizational Record for Children with Special Needs
- Special Care Organizational Record for Adults with Special Needs
- Exceptional Family Member Program Resources, Options and Consultations
- Education Directory for Children With Special Needs
- Military Caregiver Flyer