- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- National Guard
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Is your MilTeen getting ready to apply for jobs and scholarships or starting to explore career paths? If so, check out the following tips and resources to help your teen develop basic professional skills and prepare for success.
Preparing To Be a Professional video series
The Preparing To Be a Professional video series was developed by 4-H agents from the University of Georgia Extension to help teens learn basic professional skills. Each short video provides helpful tips and guidelines and offers a downloadable resource for further reference. View the videos and download the accompanying tip sheets:
- Professional Communication video — Learn the basics of professional phone and email communication. The handy download includes quick tips for how to make a phone call and how to write an email, as well as a downloadable template and checklist for requesting recommendations. Download the Professional Communication 101 Tip Sheet.
- Preparing for an interview video — Learn how to prepare for an interview in a professional setting. This video includes tips for how to ask and answer questions, as well as a demonstration of “power poses” to help teens present their best selves. Download the Elevator Speech Template and Interviews 101 Tip Sheet.
- How to Dress Like a Professional video — This video emphasizes the importance of basic hygiene and how to dress appropriately for the occasion to help teens make their best first impression. Download the How To Tie a Tie Tip Sheet which includes step-by-step photographs.
- Thank-You Notes video — Get simple tips and tricks for how and when to write thank-you notes. Download the Addressing Notecards Template for a visual tutorial.
Find out more about 4-H Military Partnership, a collaboration between military and land-grant university partners. Research-based programs and resources are designed to help military-connected youth and teens thrive.
For more information about how to help your teen prepare for success, check out these other support resources available from Military OneSource:
- Youth Employment — The Essentials — Find information on filling out job applications, polishing resumes, exploring internships, finding mentors and more.
- College Scholarships for Military Teens and How To Apply — Learn about college scholarships available to military-connected teens.
- How School Liaisons Help Students Realize Educational Goals and More — School liaisons can assist with all of your pre-k through 12 education needs, including helping teens prepare for college, technical school or the workplace. Contact your local school liaison for assistance.
- Military Parent Resource Center — The youth and teens section provides resources for parenting through the teen years, teen relationship support, helping teens manage money and more.
- Military Youth and Teen Programs — From homework support and special-interest classes to Keystone Clubs and Workforce Development Programs, your installation youth center can connect teens to a wide variety of programs to help them prepare for success. The continuity of programming between installations and connection to community are valuable benefits to help your youth make a smooth transition between installations and beyond.
Still have questions or need help locating resources? Military OneSource consultants are available 24/7 to answer your questions and connect you with the information and services you need to live your best MilLife. Call 800-342-9647, view overseas dialing options or schedule a live chat.