- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
Call the Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 and press 1, or text 838255.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
The first step in your education plan is choosing the right school. The Department of Defense has developed the TA DECIDE tool to make it easier than ever to compare schools and programs to help you meet your education goals. The tool, uniquely designed for participants of the Department of Defense Military Tuition Assistance program, provides data for military students just like you. The TA DECIDE tool uses sources from the departments of Defense, Education and Veterans Affairs to provide you with information on the following:
- Tuition and fees — first time, full-time, in-state tuition rates
- Cost of attendance — books, supplies, room and board
- Programs and offerings — learning method, degree level, classification of instructional programs
- Institution accreditation — accredited by Department of Education accrediting agencies
- Number of Department of Defense tuition assistance participants — reported annually to the Department of Defense
- Federal beneficiaries and funds — tuition assistance, Post-9/11 GI Bill®, federal student aid
- Complaint information — online reporting system providing feedback about education institutions
- Department of Defense memorandum of understanding — institution’s eligibility to work with Department of Defense tuition assistance
- Principles of Excellence — institution’s pledge to provide quality education for service members
- Yellow Ribbon — additional assistance for attendance at private degree-granting schools or out-of-state tuition costs
- Service Members Opportunity Colleges — initiative linking service members to educational institutions that provide quality education, ease the process to transfer credits and give credit for military training and experience
- Programs to achieve success — 8 Keys to Veterans’ Success from the Department of Education
More than 2,600 education institutions are eligible to receive military tuition assistance. Start your search today — and make informed decisions — with TA DECIDE for a school and program that meet your postsecondary education needs.