Increase Your Skills and Education From Home During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Current as of March 31, 2020
Make the most of the unexpected time you have at home because of the coronavirus disease 2019. Explore the wide range of education resources the Department of Defense offers for service members and their families. They include:
- Programs, resources and services are available to help service members, their spouses and children work toward college degrees, certifications and other educational and employment opportunities.
- The TA DECIDE tool from the Department of Defense lets service members compare schools, tuition and fees, programs, assistance options and more.
- Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support, or DANTES, provides service members with a variety of no-cost education and career-planning programs and services including:
- MilLife Learning offers self-directed courses to help service members and their families lead their best MilLife. Topics include developing a spending plan, and eSponsorship Application and Training.
- The Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program connects military spouses with tools and resources including education and training help, career coaching and exploration, career connections and more. It has a wealth of information and services — such as Onward to Opportunity — for increasing your professional skills.
SECO also offers more general resources for:
- The Morale, Welfare and Recreation Digital Library provides a wide range of educational resources for family members of all ages. Choose from audiobooks, eBooks, award-winning documentaries, historical U.S. military records, personalized brain exercises and much more.
If you need help navigating opportunities that are available to you, Military OneSource education consultants can help. They can answer questions about financial aid, scholarships, tutoring and college information. Call 800-342-9647. OCONUS/International? Click here for calling options.
Understanding of COVID-19 is rapidly changing. For updates and information specific to your location, visit your installation's official website. You can also follow your installation's Facebook, Twitter or Instagram platforms.
For Department of Defense updates for the military community:
- Visit Defense.gov
- Follow Military OneSource's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram platforms
- Check the Coronavirus Information for Our Military Community page.