MilLife Learning is not just for military training. It offers diverse courses for personal and professional growth. It is a lifelong learning hub that has something for everyone, including:
- Service members, spouses and families
- Service providers
- Defense Department civilians
- Civic groups who work with the military community
With MilLife Learning, you can:
- Take free, online courses that fit into your schedule
- Learn at your own pace
- Enhance your life with ongoing learning
- Gain new skills
- Advance your career
- Stay current with training requirements
Check out the following courses to help you reach new heights professionally and stretch you personally in the new year.
With free, self-paced courses, you can hop online anytime to learn something new. The following courses can help you build resilience, use your voice and recognize others’ service. They can also help you learn how to access resources and reduce financial stress.
Take 6 to Save a Life
Being part of the military community means watching out for one another. Take 6 minutes today to watch the Defense Suicide Prevention Office: Simple Things Save Lives course so you can have your battle buddy’s six.
- Special Operations Cognitive Agility Training (3 hours; audience: all). Learn practical exercises and strategies to improve your decision-making skills. You’ll also learn how to quickly adapt to the changes and challenges of everyday life.
- EFMP: Advocacy Communication Tips (4 minutes; audience: all). We all want to be heard and understood. This video offers communication tips and techniques you can practice daily. You’ll learn how to express your thoughts and concerns in a respectful and productive manner.
- Recognizing Military Service (7 minutes; audience: all). Review the history behind the service flag and the Gold Star Lapel Button. Learn who is eligible to display the flag or wear the Gold Star or Next of Kin of Deceased Lapel buttons. It’s important to recognize and honor them when you see a button or flag.
- Sponsorship and You: Sponsorship Awareness (90 minutes; audience: family members). Discover military moving resources for singles, couples, exceptional family members, children and pets. Learn what resources would be most helpful for you and your family.
- Developing Your Spending Plan (45 minutes; audience: service members and their families, service providers). Are you setting money aside in your savings account each month? Use this course to help you create a spending plan for your financial success. Check out other finance courses.
MilLife Learning knows you are busy and that courses need to be concise and engaging to have the most impact. Check out the following trainings.
- LinkedIn Basics for Military Spouses (45 minutes; audience: all). Use this course to learn how LinkedIn can assist you in reaching your professional goals.
- LinkedIn Premium: Access Training for Military Spouses (45 minutes; audience: all). Use this course to learn how LinkedIn Premium can take your job search to the next level. At the end of the course, you’ll receive your LinkedIn Premium code to get a free upgrade via the MySECO website.
- Operating in an Inclusive Culture (2.5 hours; audience: all). Learn how to create an inclusive culture through your MWR programs.
- Introduction to the Military Family Readiness Program (10 minutes; audience: service providers). Learn what the three distinct training tracks cover. New service providers, leaders, unit volunteers or anyone interested in MFRP can take this course.
- Key Spouse: Initial Training, Part 1 (120 minutes; audience: key spouse appointees). This course includes the first set of four modules. To become a key spouse, complete Parts 1 and 2, and the final assessment.
Create an account, enroll in a course and launch it today. Come back to MilLife Learning and take as many courses as you can this year. At the end of the year, when you look back, you’ll be able to see how much you’ve grown.