- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
Call the Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 and press 1, or text 838255.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
For Spouses – Resources
As a military spouse, you have access to a number of resources that will help you achieve your education and career goals, whether it be finishing an undergraduate degree, pursuing a training certificate or landing a new job. Learn about the tools and programs that can assist you in pursuing your degree and succeeding at work.
Spouse Education and Career Opportunities, SECO, program
SECO offers military spouses comprehensive education and career support, including career coaches who can help with:
Free Courses for Spouses
Military spouses, advance in your career with free access to the Udemy online learning platform through June 29, 2022.
- Career Exploration: Identifying your skills, interests and aptitudes, and selecting an interesting and rewarding career.
- Education, Training, and Licensure: Acquiring the right education, technical training, license or credential for your career goals.
- Employment Readiness: Resources that can help you brush up on current trends, write a resume, network and hone your interviewing skills.
- Career Connections: Opening the door to opportunities and connections through the Military Spouse Employment Partnership, USAJOBS.gov, CareerOneStop and more.
SECO career coaches are available from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m. EDT Monday through Friday, and from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Saturdays. Get the help you need to start or advance your career – call Military OneSource at 800-342-9647. View overseas calling options. You can also locate your Employment Assistance Program office through your installation’s Military and Family Support Center.
Among the useful features on the MySECO website, built exclusively for military spouses, are these:
FlexJobs for Spouses
Find a job that fits your MilLife with a free one-year membership to FlexJobs, a leading career site featuring flexible and remote job openings.
- Research Occupations Tool: Find the latest government statistics on wages and employment trends in your area, research careers that pique your interest, and identify the skills and experience you need to land your dream job.
- Resume Builder: Use a simple template to create your resume from the information in your MySECO profile.
- College Scorecard: Find resources to help in your college search.
- SECO Scholarship Finder: Use a database to identify scholarships and grants you are eligible for.
Military OneSource education consultations
Military OneSource education consultations give you the chance to have your questions answered by a professional and receive referrals to services that meet your needs. They can provide guidance on financial aid, scholarships, tutoring and other college information. Consultants can:
- Provide contact information for military-friendly schools and institutions that allow you to transfer previous college credits
- Give referrals to in-home tutors and tutoring centers in your area
- Help get your credentials converted and diplomas translated to meet state or country specific requirements
- Supply profiles on specific colleges and their credentials
- Share contact information to help you find tuition assistance through the MyCAA Scholarship program
Installation employment readiness programs
Employment readiness specialists are available at most installations to assist you at no cost. They can help you with a wide range of employment-related areas through workshops, classes, small group instruction and one-on-one support. Each service has its own employment readiness program, and while the names may vary from one service to the next, they all share the goal of assisting military spouses in finding meaningful employment. and the Military Spouse Employment Partnership Job Search on MySECO.
The Military Spouse Employment Partnership
The Military Spouse Employment Partnership is an initiative of the Department of Defense’s Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program that aims to help military spouses find jobs. The partnership includes more than 390 partners or military-friendly employers. Visit the MSEP Job Search on MySECO to look for your dream job or learn more about the job search.
Military Spouse eMentor Community
- The Military Spouse eMentor Community is an online community that connects military spouses with career mentors for guidance and support.
- There are also representatives of military spouse-friendly firms that serve as educational and career mentors.
- The program provides helpful interactions between experienced military spouses and those needing support and direction.