- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Military life has great rewards — and some challenges. Deployments, moves and uncertainty are among the most stressful demands. During times of change, it’s reassuring to have a trusted source of information, resources and support. For the military community, that’s Military OneSource — a free resource available 24/7 to help service members and their families thrive.
Financial counseling, career guidance and tax help
Military OneSource offers free financial and career resources including:
- Financial counseling. Phone and video counseling sessions are available.
- MilTax services. Service members and spouses receive tax prep, e-filing software and personal support.
- Weiss Financial Ratings. Find tools covering a variety of financial topics. Get tips on how to save for education or to buy a home. Focus on retirement planning or learn about insurance. This is just some of what you will find on the DOD MWR Libraries website.
- Spouse Education and Career Opportunities. SECO provides tools and resources to help military spouses meet their education and career goals.
Resources for physical, mental and emotional well-being
Military OneSource has tools for service members and families to help them care for body and mind. A few of the available resources include:
- Health and wellness coaching can help teens and adults get on track. Start with healthy eating, physical fitness and managing stress.
- Online tutoring and homework help from Tutor.com for military families. This is a DOD-funded program that provides on-demand, online tutoring and homework help at no cost to eligible DOD service members, civilian personnel and their dependents. Live, expert tutors are available around the clock to provide academic help to grades K-12 and college students. Help is available in more than 100 subjects at all skill levels — all you need is an internet connection. Temporary expansion: In April 2020, to support DOD families impacted by COVID-19 disruptions and to reduce stress around academic success, the program temporarily expanded to include all DOD service members and civilian personnel and their dependents. For additional details on eligibility and tutoring subjects, visit www.tutor.com/military.
- Chill Drills are audio tracks developed to help service members and their families relax and manage stress. By doing these drills regularly, you can lower your blood pressure and reduce the level of stress hormones in your body. Download the free app to your phone or the drills to your computer and have access to Chill Drills when you are on the go or don’t have internet access.
- Wellness apps can help you and your service member regroup and reboot. Learn deep-breathing techniques to relax and unwind. Find personalized tools to handle stress and anxiety during self-care breaks. All apps were developed by the DOD, Veterans Affairs and other partners.
- Military OneSource non-medical counseling can help with stress management. Counselors will work with you to address everyday life stressors, marital and communication issues, parenting challenges, grief and more. Military OneSource counselors know military life. They understand your challenges. Sessions are confidential.
- Video non-medical counseling for children and youth offer children and teenagers tools to develop healthy coping skills to manage life’s stressors.
Personalized support to strengthen relationships
Even the strongest relationship can bend under the pressure of life changes. Learn to tackle deployments, PCS and living through a pandemic. Military OneSource services can strengthen important connections:
- Building Healthy Relationships specialty consultations offer coaching, resources and problem-solving ideas to help you set goals and strengthen your relationships. Boost your communication skills with a series of personalized coaching sessions available by phone or video.
- New MilParent specialty consultations can help you and your service member prepare for a new baby. You can also focus on parenting challenges. These are great for expectant parents and parents with children under 5. Get expert help by video or phone.
Resources for service providers
Military OneSource offers free tools and resources to help service providers meet the unique needs of service members and their families. These include:
- The MilProvider app gives you quick access to resources, products and materials from the Defense Department and Military OneSource and allows you to easily share them with those you support.
- MC&FP MilProvider eNewsletter provides information, resources and tools to support the work of military service providers and leaders.
- MilLife Learning offers training resources, materials and tools to assist service members, their families, survivors and those who support them.
- My Military OneSource app gives service members and their families fast access through their mobile device to personalized support and answers.
- Coach Hub connects service members and their families with a personal online coach for help setting and tracking fitness, nutrition and stress-reduction goals.
- Love Every Day is a fun and interactive program that helps service members and their partners strengthen their relationship. Couples receive 21 days of text messages designed to help them develop and practice good communication skills.
- OurRelationship is a flexible online program that gives military couples the choice to work on their own or with a coach to strengthen their relationship.
Determining eligibility and getting started with Military OneSource virtual support
Military OneSource support is available to active duty, National Guard and reserve members, and their families. For eligibility, see Military OneSource Confidential Help Eligibility.
Service members and their families can access services by creating a free account on Military OneSource. They can live chat or call 800-342-9647. If you are located outside the country, use the international calling options.