Current as of Dec. 20, 2021
Parents are facing a variety of new and ongoing challenges as the COVID-19 pandemic continues. Virus conditions keep changing, and work and school schedules vary. It’s easy to feel stressed about making the best choices for your family and bogged down by decision fatigue.
Military OneSource is committed to helping families thrive during these challenging times. Whether you are looking for flexible child care, virtual activities for children, tips for taking care of yourself and your family or official updates from government agencies, we’ve got you covered. Check out the following resources.
- Expanded Hourly Child Care Options from Military OneSource can help you find the flexible care you need.
- The School Liaison Program from the Department of Defense offers an array of services and resources, including transition support for students and families in the areas of general education and special .
- COVID-19 Resources for Schools, Students and Famlies from the U.S. Department of Education includes guidance and policies for elementary and secondary education, special education, post-secondary education and more.
- Morale, Welfare and Recreation Digital Library from Military OneSource offers a wide variety of educational and leisure activities for all ages.
- COVID-19 Parental Resources Kit from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention organizes articles and resources by age group.
- Parent Resources from the Department of Defense Education Activity offers extensive virtual learning activities.
- New Virtual Club Experience from the Boys & Girls Clubs of America offers online opportunities for . Check out the MyFuture Platform, a safe and fun digital platform where kids can learn, play, socialize and share accomplishments locally and nationally.
- Hands-on Activities for Kids from 4H provides fun, educational home activities for children and teens.
- Sesame Street for Military Families offers a variety of videos and downloadable activities to promote family wellness and help young children cope with challenging aspects of military life such as deployments, relocation and more.
- Virtual resources for overall well-being from Military OneSource and the new My MilLife Guide text program help you beat stress and meet goals.
- Tips for coping with stress and taking care of yourself are available from the CDC.
- Guidelines for daily activities and going out are also offered through the CDC.
Official COVID-19 update resources:
For Department of Defense COVID-19 updates for the military community regarding the virus that causes COVID-19:
- Visit Coronavirus.gov, CDC.gov, USA.gov and Defense.gov.
- Follow Military OneSource’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Continue to visit the Coronavirus Updates for Our Military Community.
- Check PCS & Military Moves for updates related to permanent change of station.
If you have questions about COVID-19 issues or any other aspect of military life, Military OneSource consultants are available 24/7/365. Call 800-342-9647, use OCONUS dialing options or schedule a live chat.
Understanding of COVID-19 continues to change, so check our Coronavirus Updates for Our Military Community page often.
Want to find the phone number for your installation’s housing office or Military and Family Support Center? Find those and more on MilitaryINSTALLATIONS, an online information directory for military installations worldwide.
For updates and information specific to your location, visit your installation’s official website. You can also follow your installation’s Facebook, Twitter or Instagram platforms.