Have some activities planned to keep your kids busy, engaged and having fun when school lets out. Department of Defense summer camps may be a great addition to your child’s summer lineup. Make it a summer to remember by checking out these potential camping experiences:
Teen adventure and science camps
There are teen adventure camps specifically for military pre-teens and teens available across the United States, from Washington to New York. These camps can be a great option for a teen interested in adding some excitement to their summer. Understand that:
- Youth ages 10-18 can enjoy adventure camps partnered with private organizations around the country.
- There are multiple camps to choose from.
- Camps include fantastic wilderness excursions like sailing, kayaking and survival camp.
Many military installations offer summer camps for different groups. They may include general camps, interest-based camps or deployment camps.
To find a camp or summer activity on your installation, visit MilitaryINSTALLATIONS, choose “Program or Service” from the drop-down menu, type in “Youth Programs/Centers” and then proceed with your zip code or installation.
The camaraderie of camp might be just what your military children need.
- Military life can be challenging for military kids, and summer camps can provide a safe space while teaching skills to navigate the ups and downs.
- Your child can build a support network of other military youth who may have similar experiences.