Celebrating Our MilKids
During Month of the Military Child in April, we recognize our military children and youth. This year, we celebrated and learned together through new content and exciting events that focused on the overall mental health and well-being of military children of all ages. Parents and teens can take advantage of the events and resources provided all year long. Strengthen skills and relationships and build resiliency — so you and your family can thrive.
Continue the Celebration
In April and all year long, we honor military children and youth, and you can too. Here are some ways you can engage with our 2022 celebration materials:
- Check out our recorded virtual events: Watch videos on topics of mental health in children and you, positive parenting and more. Parents and teens can watch recorded events and discussions such as Teen Mental Health led by military teens, Preparing To Be a Professional with the University of Georgia 4-H, and Smooth Takeoffs, Soft Landings with school liaisons.
- Visit the Defense.gov Spotlight page: Read stories about the month, find resources tailored to you, browse photos and videos and more.
- Read the proclamation: Hear from President Biden on the national commitment to support and engage our military families.
Something for Everyone: Virtual Events in April
Check out videos of the virtual events from April 2022 that provide support to military parents and help MilKids thrive.
Preparing To Be a Professional — Communication
Preparing To Be a Professional — Professional Dress
Preparing To Be a Professional — Interviews
Preparing To Be a Professional — Thank You Notes
Connect with our experts
Military OneSource is ready 24/7 to help you and your family thrive. Call us anytime with questions, and we’ll connect you to the answers you need.
- Child care options
- Parenting support
- Adoption and foster care resources
- Family and relationship counseling
- Education resources
- Moving assistance
- New MilParent consultations
- Special needs support