Adults with special needs have unique concerns and support requirements. Whether you are looking for support for yourself or you care for an adult with special needs, there are a variety of resources available to address the needs of these adults.
Easily access support services from Military OneSource.
Military OneSource EFMP ROC offers a number of support services for adults with special needs including assignment coordination support from the Exceptional Family Member Program, Military OneSource Adult Disability Care Consultations, help finding independent living options, coordination with TRICARE ECHO, and access to the Veteran's Aid and Attendance benefit and state Medicaid waiver programs to help with in-home care or facility care.
- An Overview of Adults With Special Needs
- Person-Centered Planning
- EFMP Resources, Options and Consultations, or ROC
- Guide for Adults with Special Needs
- Special Care Organizational Record for Adults with Special Health Care Needs
- Establishing the Permanent Dependency of an Incapacitated Child Fact Sheet
Learn if your family member is eligible for disability services via the military.
All active-duty service members with family members with special needs – including adults – can take advantage of special needs services through the military. Spouses and dependent children are also eligible for relevant services, along with family members handling an eligible service member’s affair while the service member is deployed.
- Support Services for Adults With Special Needs Fact Sheet
- Exceptional Family Member Program for All Ages Fact Sheet