Crime Scene yellow caution tape

How Do I Report a Crime on the Installation?

Report the crime to the nearest military police agency, whether the victims are on a military installation or if military personnel were involved. Don’t take matters into your own hands if the situation is dangerous. Military police agencies are open 24/7 — you can call to report a crime or walk in to file a report.

Military law enforcement agencies

Each service branch has its own military police force. The Coast Guard, however, is itself a law enforcement agency within the Department of Homeland Security. Here are the military police agencies for each service branch:

How to report a crime on the installation

Installation crimes or crimes involving military personnel can be reported directly to your installation Provost Marshall's office (for Army and Marine Corps) or the Chief Master-at-Arms (for the Navy). Check your installation directory or call your installation operator, who will connect you to the military police.

You can also report crimes through the following investigative offices:

  • Army: The USACIDC Report a Crime website explains how to report a crime in the Army and includes a contact list of installation USACIDC offices in the continental United States. You can also email USACIDC directly at
  • Navy: Visit the NCIS Report a Crime website to report criminal and force protection threats within the Navy and Marine Corps through the TEXT, WEB, and APP Tip Line, where you can submit a report on the site. You can also learn how to report crimes by anonymous texts, and through an anonymous smartphone app, which you can download from the site.
  • Air Force: Find the AFOSI unit nearest you by calling 877-246-1453 toll free, or by calling your installation operator. You can also report a crime through their email:

Don’t hesitate to report a crime or to dial 9-1-1 in an emergency.