- Military Life Cycle
- Family & Relationships
- Moving & Housing
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- Health & Wellness
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Service Providers & Leaders
- Benefits & Resources
- I am a…
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
Call the Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255 and press 1, or text 838255.
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Current as of Aug. 11, 2020
As part of its coronavirus disease 2019 guidance, the federal government recommends having a supply of all necessary medications on hand. For members of the military community, TRICARE offers a convenient option of getting a 90-day supply of your prescriptions through TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery.
TRICARE offers options of getting a 90-day supply of your prescriptions at military pharmacies, through its home delivery program or at a retail pharmacy. Home delivery is available all the time and is a seamless way to ensure you always have your medications.
Home delivery of your medicines can help keep you protected during the COVID-19 pandemic.
TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery
When switching to TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery, first check if you or your family members have refills remaining on any needed prescriptions. Each prescription bottle indicates the number of refills remaining. If there are no refills left, call your healthcare provider.
If enough refills remain, you can get a 90-day supply through TRICARE’s pharmacy options.
Costs for home delivery
Military pharmacies offer a 90-day supply of medications at no cost to beneficiaries. Home delivery is the next most affordable option. Getting your medicine at a retail network pharmacy is the least affordable option, because you pay three copays to order three 30-day supplies at once.
Active-duty service members have a $0 copay for a 90-day supply of covered drugs at any pharmacy. All other TRICARE beneficiaries pay the following:
- $0 copay for generic and brand-name covered drugs at military pharmacies
- $11 copay for generic and brand-name covered drugs through TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery
- $39 (three 30-day $13 copays) for generic drugs and $99 (three 30-day $33 copays) for covered brand-name drugs at a retail network pharmacy
How to switch to TRICARE Pharmacy Home Delivery
If you have refills remaining on your prescriptions, you can switch to home delivery to get a 90-day supply delivered right to your door. You can switch by phone, online and via the Express Scripts mobile app.
- Military pharmacy: Ask your military pharmacist to transfer your prescription to home delivery.
- Phone: Call 877-363-1303 and have your prescription bottle ready.
- Mobile app: If you have an existing prescription at a retail or military pharmacy, you can transfer it to delivery using the Express Scripts mobile app.
- Online: Visit the Express Scripts Home Delivery page.
- e-Prescribe: Ask your doctor to submit your prescription electronically (e-Prescribe).
- Mail: Download and fill out the Express Scripts Home Delivery Order Form and then mail the form and your 90-day prescription to the address listed on the form.
You are not eligible for home delivery if you have other health insurance with a pharmacy benefit, unless your prescription isn’t covered by your other plan, or you’ve reached the dollar limit of your other plan. Home delivery is not available in Germany.
Currently, there are no pharmacy supply chain issues or outages due to COVID-19. The Defense Logistics Agency is working with prime vendors to ensure military pharmacies receive their supply if shortages do occur.
Save yourself the trip and make sure you have the medications on hand that you need. Consider the convenience of home delivery.
If you are in the middle of a permanent change of station move, you may want to hand carry your medicines. If you’re moving outside the continental United States, there are several steps to consider, including contacting TRICARE to notify them of your move.