Healthy living is paramount for mission readiness. The Department of Defense recognizes the need for service members and their families to maintain optimal health and provides numerous benefits and incentives to promote wellness. While Military OneSource does not provide health care services, it does offer non-medical counseling and information about health care services and benefits.
Military OneSource health and wellness coaches
You can be more successful in reaching your maximum health potential when you have a coach cheering you on.
- Military OneSource health and wellness coaches stand ready to be your personal cheerleader to lose weight, eat better, get in shape, manage stress, tackle transitions and more.
- Health and wellness coaches help you clarify your focus, keep you on course, celebrate your achievements and prepare you for the unexpected.
- Call 800-342-9647 or click here for overseas calling options to sign up for health and wellness coaching sessions.
- You can choose from three Health and Wellness Coaching session options: phone, online chat and video.
Military and Family Life Counseling Program
- The Military and Family Life Counseling Program supports service members, their families and survivors with non-medical counseling at installations worldwide.
- Trained to work with the military community, military and family life counselors deliver valuable face-to-face counseling services, briefings and presentations to the military community both on and off the installation.
- Contact your installation’s Military and Family Support Center.
Military OneSource Non-medical Counseling
- Military OneSource provides confidential non-medical counseling services via telephone, face-to-face, online or through a secure live video session.
- To schedule a non-medical counseling session, call Military OneSource at 800-342-9647 or click here for overseas calling options.
- If the consultant determines the service is right for you, you will be authorized for up to 12 counseling sessions and connected with a professional that best suits your needs.
- If you or someone you know is in crisis, contact the Military Crisis Line at 800-273-8255, then press 1, or access online chat by texting to 838255.
Military OneSource’s suite of resilience tools can help you manage your mood, strengthen your relationship with your partner and become more mission-ready. Check out these tools on your phone or tablet anytime.
- CoachHub: Connect with real-live coaching experts right on your phone or tablet. Track and set goals from exercise and nutrition to stress reduction. Select your coach and send messages, request appointments and post questions anytime.
- MoodHacker: Rate your mood and track your progress with this tool. Use evidence-based techniques to improve how you feel – every day.
- Love Every Day: Connect with your partner using text message prompts for 21 days. Learn new skills to improve communication, reduce disharmony and even rekindle your romance.
You’ll find apps for well-being on the Military OneSource Recommended Wellness Apps page. These tools were developed within the Department of Defense, Veteran Affairs and other partners. Among others, you will find:
- Breathe2Relax: Learn deep-breathing techniques and de-stress with this app.
- Virtual Hope Box: Use personalized tools on this app to help you relax, learn positive coping skills, avoid distractions and connect to others.
- COVID Coach: This app supports self-care and overall mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic.
You can also use the relaxation exercises and tips for well-being available on the Military Meditation Coach podcast.
Buying healthy foods at the commissary can offer you great savings compared to shopping at other locales. Understand that:
- Food and household items are sold at cost plus a five percent surcharge.
- On average, shoppers can save more than 30 percent compared to shopping in town.
- You can also find savings of 50 percent or more during the commissary customer appreciation case lot sales.
- Save by loading your Commissary Rewards Card with coupons, promotions and discount savings.
Morale, Welfare and Recreation Program
- Your installation's Morale, Welfare and Recreation program, or MWR, offers benefits such as fitness classes, sports teams, golf courses, outdoor recreation programs and equipment, and more. Contact your installation's MWR to find out more.
Information, Tickets and Travel Office
- The Information Tickets and Travel Office offers discount ticket sales for everything from rock concerts to sporting events.
- A division of the Morale, Welfare and Recreation program, this office is located on many installations and provides one-stop shopping for savings on day trips and tours, area attractions, special events, lodging, entertainment and destination attraction tickets.