- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Caregiver Support Resources for You and Your Loved One4 minute read • Dec. 21, 2019
When you are the caregiver of a loved one with special needs or a life-changing illness or injury, each day can bring new questions and new situations. So, it’s important that you have access to the resources and support you need — not only for your loved one, but also for you.
Contact Military OneSource 24/7.
You can get personalized help 365 days a year by telephone and online.
Overseas? See OCONUS calling options.
Prefer to live chat? Start now.
Your first stop in seeking assistance is your installation Exceptional Family Member Program, or EFMP, Family Support staff. Family support staff can point you in the right direction of local services you may require as well as walk you through the resources available to you at your installation.
Military OneSource can assist you in connecting with EFMP Family Support staff and offers many caregiver support resources tailored to your specific needs. You can find support services, consultations, confidential non-medical counseling and access to a variety of helpful products:
- A special needs consultant can be accessed through Military OneSource special needs consultants. Consultants are available by phone or video to help you navigate the daily medical and educational needs of your family member or loved one, and connect you with military and community-based support. You can schedule appointments 24/7 by live chat or calling 800-342-9647.
- Non-medical counseling – Being a caregiver is hard work. If you are feeling stressed, you can talk with someone who can support you as you navigate the difficulties of caregiving.
- Peer support – The person who best understands a caregiver has been one. Get and stay connected with other caregivers like you.
- Financial counseling – Caring for a loved one may deliver unexpected costs. Save yourself time, energy and worry by having a spending plan that leaves room for the unexpected. Military OneSource offers financial counseling in person, by phone or via video chat. Call 800-342-9647 or click financial counseling.
- Health and wellness – It can be easy to forget about your own needs when caring for a loved one, but it’s important to take care of your own health. Free, confidential health and wellness coaching is available via phone, online chat or video session. Call 800-342-9647 or click health to find out more.
- Products and downloads – On Military OneSource, you’ll find many helpful booklets, CDs, DVDs and articles that you can have shipped to your door for free. You’ll also find useful downloads including:
Being a caregiver is one of the most important roles you can take on, but you don’t have to do it alone. Use caregiver support from Military OneSource to help lighten your load and take better care of yourself.