- Military Basics
- Transitioning & Retiring
- Casualty Assistance
- Moving & PCS
- Housing & Living
- Recreation, Travel & Shopping
- Special Needs
- Health & Wellness
- Safety From Violence & Abuse
- Financial & Legal
- Education & Employment
- I am a…
- Benefits & Resources
- Confidential Help
24/7/365 Access to Support
No matter where you serve or live, free and confidential help is available.
- In Crisis?
- Veterans/Military Crisis Line
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- DOD Safe Helpline - Sexual Assault Support
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
- Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Locator - Family Advocacy Program
In the United States, call 911 if you are in an emergency.
For those outside the United States, call your local emergency number.
- Browse By Program/Office
- Casualty & Mortuary Affairs
- Child & Youth Advocacy
- Children, Youth & Family Programs
- Commissary, Military Exchange & Lodging
- Family Advocacy Program
- Military Community Support Programs
- Military & Family Life Counseling
- Military Funeral Honors
- Morale, Welfare & Recreation (MWR)
- Office of Special Needs
- Personnel Accountability & Evacuations Operations
- Spouse Education & Career Opportunities
Contact Military OneSource
Information and support for service members and their families. About the Call Center.
Financial Counseling Services for a Secure Future2 minute read • May 1, 2020
Financial security at home helps you be more focused and mission ready. To help you be your best both financially and professionally, Military OneSource offers free financial counseling to service members and their families on issues such as budgeting, money management and debt reduction.
How Military OneSource free financial counselors can help
Financial counseling gives you an opportunity to talk to a trained professional who is familiar with the issues that affect service members and give you referrals to services and programs that meet your specific needs. All active-duty service members, National Guard, reserve members and their families and survivors are eligible to receive this free service.
- Are available for in-person, phone and video financial counseling.
- Can coach you on how to talk to creditors to negotiate late fees and payment plans, and point you in the right direction if you’re behind on your mortgage or facing foreclosure.
- Help you sort through the available college savings programs and help you weigh the pros and cons of each.
- Go over a variety of savings, retirement and investment plans with you and talk about the pluses and minuses of each.
- Will not push any products or plans on you, nor will they recommend one plan over another. Instead, the counselors help you weigh all the options available, letting you choose the best fit for you.
How to connect
Your financial needs are likely to change over the years, so financial counseling services are available as often as you want for as long as you’re eligible. The number of sessions is unlimited.
Here’s how to take advantage of this service:
- Set up a time to meet with a financial counselor by live chatting or calling Military OneSource at 800-342-9647.
- Receive financial counseling assistance by phone or video chat, if you prefer.
- Get financial counseling by phone or video chat, even if you are stationed overseas.
Get started on the road to financial security today with this free, personalized service. You don’t need to tackle issues like mounting debt or saving for college alone. Military OneSource can help.