Military Flyovers

Listed below are the eligibility requirements and application procedures for a military flyover at the funeral of a qualified veteran for each of the military services. Military flyovers are not part of the funeral honors ceremony as required by Title 10, U.S. Code, Section 1491, but can be arranged if supporting personnel and aircraft are available.

It should be noted upfront that requests for a military flyover are simply that – requests – and that approval for such requests must go through an administrative process within each military service in accordance with DoD Directive 5410.18. Approval is contingent on many factors, including the military status of the deceased, the availability of personnel and aircraft, the location of the funeral service, the time and date of the funeral, and weather conditions.

Installation Program Directory

Find programs and services at your local installation.