April is Month of the Military Child. In observance of this month, the Military Community and Family Policy program is collaborating with key partners to celebrate and support military children. Together, we're featuring resources from across programs to help families discover more support they can turn to throughout the year.
Let’s Celebrate and Support Military Children Together
Learn more about the many ways to participate and Stand With MilKids:
- Military Child Appreciation Kits: Throughout April, the Department of Defense and Military OneSource is celebrating our military children by offering a free Military Child Appreciation Kit, available on the Month of the Military Child page.
- Promote and Participate in Purple Up Day: Encourage military families to participate in Purple Up Day by wearing purple and sharing their photos on social media with #PurpleUp20.
- Show You Stand With MilKids: Include the Stand With MilKids campaign emblem and hashtag in your communications throughout the month, use the Stand With MilKids campaign emblem in your promotional materials and use the Department of Defense-wide hashtags: #TeamMilKids #PurpleUp20 #MOMC20
- THRIVE: The THRIVE parent education courses provides free, online programs focused on positive parenting practices, parent and child stress management and physical health promotion for children ages 0 to 18.
- New MilParent Specialty Consultations: The New MilParent specialty consultation is free, individualized, confidential support for new and expecting parents.
- The Healthy Steps program: HealthySteps is a pediatric primary care program that promotes the health, well-being and school readiness of babies and toddlers, with an emphasis on families living in low-income communities.
- Military Kids Connect: For children and teens, Military Kids Connect provides resources to help kids thrive in their military life, and to make connections with other MilKids who share similar situations.