Being deployment-ready just got easier with Military OneSource’s Plan My Deployment. It has tools and resources you need for a successful deployment.
What Is Plan My Deployment?
Whether you’re on your first tour of duty or your fourth, Plan My Deployment helps you, your family members and loved ones prepare for – and stay strong and connected – through every phase of deployment. Here are a few basics:
- Plan My Deployment is a user-friendly, online tool that can be accessed from any computer or mobile device worldwide. It provides you with information, resources and checklists you need to master your deployment.
- The tool organizes information into three phases – pre-deployment, deployment, and reunion and reintegration, to help both seasoned and new service members and families understand what to expect during every stage of deployment.
- It also provides a combination of easy-to-use tactical information, such as printable Operations Security Guidelines, as well as in-depth articles on specific topics like considerations for National Guard and reservists during reintegration.
- You can select information and solutions based on your unique situation, whether you are a single or married service member, spouse, family member or in the National Guard and reserves. For example, the deployment cycle for National Guard and reserve members varies slightly from active duty. A single service member needs different resources for reintegration and reunion than that of a military spouse with young children.
Know What to Expect and How to Prepare
The needs of service members differ from their loved ones. In each section of Plan My Deployment, you’ll find articles specific to either service members or family members and loved ones. Everyone can access practical information with links to instructions to accomplish the necessary to-dos for each deployment phase. At the top of the page, you’ll find a button to request support.
Plan My Deployment helps you with the essentials of preparing for deployment, like organizing financial and legal matters, as well as preparing yourself emotionally.
- As a service member, read about the health assessment and other pre-deployment to-dos, options for pet care if you are single and how to tap into the assistance available through the Military and Family Support Center.
- As a family member, plan your to-dos in preparation for deployment: from setting up auto-pay for you bills to organizing child care assistance.
- As a National Guard or reserve member, find out how your deployment will be a bit different and what financial, employment and legal protections you have.
From assistance with the logistics of moving to help with facing the realities of separation, Plan My Deployment offers support during the deployment phase for everyone.
- Service members can learn about different options for communicating with your loved ones like recording a video message that others can open later.
- As a military spouse, family member or loved one, you need to make sure you do everything to ensure safety and security for everyone. Learn what you can share about your service member’s deployment – both in person and virtually.
Reunion and reintegration is an exciting time but creating a “new normal” after you or your service member has completed his or her post-deployment recovery and administration requirements takes focus and some work. Here are some ways that Plan My Deployment can help you get ready to come home from deployment:
- National Guard and reserve members can learn about changes in your health care coverage and legal and financial protections. Read tips on easing transition to your old job or different training and education opportunities you have.
- Single service members can plan ways to connect with friends and family and explore different living arrangements and housing options that they may need when they get back.
- Military families can find tips on reestablishing routines and expectations.