Explore Your Base and Beyond with MilitaryINSTALLATIONS
You’re going to PCS or you’ve just arrived. Want to learn about activities on base? Schools in the community? Check-in procedures? Child care? A veterinarian for your pet? Or other useful information?
Whether you’re planning a move, traveling near an installation and want to know what’s around your current base, MilitaryINSTALLATIONS is the place to get answers.
MilitaryINSTALLATIONS is an online directory of information about military installations worldwide. Check out MilitaryINSTALLATIONS prior to your move for key information about the installation programs, services and resources to assist you in your move and in your new community.
How to use MilitaryINSTALLATIONS
MilitaryINSTALLATIONS is organized into three sections – Military Installations, State Resources, and Programs and Services – so it’s easy to search for what you need to know.
Select “Military installation” from the dropdown menu on the homepage. Type in the name of an installation or click “View All Installations” for a complete list. Each installation’s page offers a wide selection of contacts, programs and:
- An overview of the base’s mission and resources. For a deeper dive, click “View the in-depth overview.”
- An installation website, photos and a map showing the base and surrounding community.
- A customizable installation directory. Create and download your own booklet of key resources and contacts for easy reference.
- Local community information. Clicking this link takes you to the “Neighborhood Navigator,” where you can build detailed reports on community information, school information, nearby establishments and home values for 30,000 communities nationwide.
Programs and services
Select “Program or service” from the homepage dropdown menu to find contact information for programs and services on an installation. Follow these steps to do a search:
- Type in the name of a program/service you’re looking for or click the small grid to the right of the search bar for an alphabetical list.
- Pick a program category, such as adult education services or veterinary services.
- Select an installation or ZIP code, then click search. The search will pull up all local contact information in your area, both on and off base.
Programs and services vary by location, but here are some of the things you can look for:
- Family Advocacy Program
- Exceptional Family Member Program
- Information, Tickets and Travel
- Military and Family Life Counseling
- Legal assistance office
- School liaison program
Select “State resources” from the homepage dropdown menu. Type in a state name or click “View All State Resources” to find the state you want. In this section, you’ll discover:
- A list of state and federal resources for military members.
- Links to community and military resources, such as chambers of commerce and military family programs.
- Local community information. Clicking this link takes you to the “Neighborhood Navigator,” which allows you to build detailed reports on community information, school information, nearby establishments and home values for 30,000 communities nationwide.
Other Moving Resources
Looking for help with your next PCS move? Plan My Move and Move.mil help you get organized and figure out next steps.
Go to Move.mil for additional moving resources.
Found what you need? Now plan your next move.
From the MilitaryINSTALLATION’S homepage, you can also access Plan My Move, an online tool that helps you create a custom checklist for your move, with information about the tasks you need to complete and how to get them done. Your checklist is tailored to the unique needs of you and your family.
If you have any questions about using MilitaryINSTALLATIONS or any other part of your MilLife, contact Military OneSource directly to find the military and government resources you need.