PCS & Military Moves
The Defense Department is committed to helping service members, their families, and anyone moving with the military master their move.
Everything for Your Next Move
- Learn how relocation assistance helps you move your life: pets, schools and more.
- Powerful planning tools including moving checklists and local resources.
- Check out moving products and courses.
- Find out about additional support available through Military OneSource.
- Find out how to schedule your move with DPS and manage your household goods.
Connect with relocation experts and resources
- Use MilitaryINSTALLATIONS to find your local relocation assistance service provider.
- Visit Moving Resources for links to relocation assistance resources including housing offices, child care programs, school liaisons, financial information, health care and more.
- Visit Personal Property Customer Service Contacts for links to DPS technical help, POV shipping and storage, moving claims offices and more.
Access powerful planning tools
Plan My Move is a tool that provides service members and their families with access to customized moving checklists, information about entitlements and benefits, points of contact, planning tools and information on education and employment designed to make frequent moves easier and less disruptive. Start making your moving checklist.
MilitaryINSTALLATIONS is the official Department of Defense guide for military installations worldwide. Find details about base essentials, points of contact for military and family programs and services, maps, directions and local community information. Explore an installation.
PCS Moves in a COVID-19 Environment
When it comes time for your next military move, ensure that it’s a safe and successful one. Find out about new safety measures the Department of Defense has put in place to keep you and your family healthy and comfortable throughout the process.
Ways to Help Your Children Cope With Moving
You’ve received your PCS orders. Now, between packing and looking for a new home, you’ll have another big job to do if you’re a military parent – helping your children cope with moving.
Moving Products and Courses
Military OneSource Support
Military OneSource offers service members and families a wide range of moving support including planning and packing tips, financial counseling and more. We can also provide information about your new community to help you learn about local schools and decide whether to rent or buy housing. Moving OCONUS? We can help with that too.
Still looking for moving help?
Need DPS assistance? Call the Help Desk (toll free): 800-462-2176.